Fighting To Keep Love Within

Fighting To Keep Love Within

By Shaire Blythe
Sunday, March 5, 2017

Hidden ecstasy,
I don't wanna go there
Hidden meanings,
I've been there before
Over and over again

I don't wanna lie
And I don't care to cry
I don't wanna fight
So let's say goodnight
Looking in your eyes
Why do I even try?
I'm giving up the war

Cause I'm not that girl
I can't be a part of your fantasy
It's not real to me

Not many words to say,
I'll let you do the talking
Such a pretty face,
But I've seen plenty
Countless others

I wish you were a bad dream
I wish this didn't mean
I have to give you up
Lord knows I'm strong
And I used to carry on
But not this time
Not anymore

Cause I see the pieces
That you're feeding me
You're not who you pretend to be

No more
No more
No more
Stay a stranger
No more
No more
No more
Putting my heart in danger
No more
No more
No more
I can't take it
And I'm not going to fake it
My love's being erased
So go on, go on, go on

I lay down tonight
Without you next to me
And my heart may be heavy
But you weren't good to me
Same 'ol story...

Comments

Popular Posts