Confessions

Confessions

By Shaire Blythe
Friday, July 21, 2017

It wasn't nothing, to give in to your loving arms
You think I'm something, but I can't compare to you
I might make God jealous,
Trying to keep my head on straight

Got me thinking of slowing my roll,
Keeping feet on ground
Kids and a house--
Just playin'
Save that for another day

Right now, I'm just enjoying your company
Counting the kisses down my spine
Exploring what the world has to offer us each day

I don't wanna draw you out,
But it would be a shame to keep you in,
Just a little more time before we start confessions

You let me in,
I know how hard opening up was
Accustomed to surface love
You'll only receive deep from me

I was fine with alone,
So I thought
You just happened to come along, unexpected
Never dreamt it,
That it would be me and you
Colliding for our moments,
I will hold on to them

Don't wanna mess up what's been built,
Yet I just have to profess that I'm yours, and you're my man
Is it that time,
To start confessions?

You're all that I've needed,
Put to rest my darkest days
However you see it,
I'll do what it takes to keep us

I don't wanna draw you out,
But it would be a shame to keep you in,
Guess it's time we start confessing

Comments

Popular Posts