I Am Not a Writer

        I Am Not a Writer
        By Shaire Blythe

                              I cannot stand to scribble                                   down
                    the rabbit hole where the clock                                      ticks
                           me off. Ears reddening                                             like
                      rapid flames licking the tip of                                         my
      God, who knew the brain could wrack with                    a thousand shredded words
                    have come to equal the feces of                                        my life
                              is its own parody                                                     laughing
                  at the tears of my younger self                                            over
                      priorities that were scrambled                                       together
                             I'll be sure to hold                                                   my own
                           ground has disappeared,                                      allowing me to
                                   free fall into shame,                            to confidently say
                                                                     I am a writer.

Comments

Popular Posts