Even If

Even If

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, August 1, 2017

I would be lying if I said it didn’t hurt
It hurts for a moment, then the pain and tears disappear
They're barely there

With the passing of time,
I made up my mind
To not allow a soul to damage what's not permanent

If you don't mean it, don’t say it
I'm not asking for broken promises
Or beautiful words you think I want to hear
You can keep them, save them, my dear
Guess it doesn't matter no ways,
The truth always came
Just at the right time, even if I didn’t see it

The journey's shortening, I am learning
Feel like I can say I'm invincible

It's always something, just that something
Curiosity and entrancement turn to a joke

Knowing it won’t forever be like this
Everyone grows on their own
But the clocks keep running
I can see clearly
The past is what haunts the most

No one said give me the world
No one said make me your girl
I'm just searching for one thing
It's pretty simple

No you can't, reprimand me
For doing what I choose to do
Not when you're pretending
Guess I know how to be cold too

At least in your eyes,
Watching as tables turn
There remains a difference between you and I

Comments

Popular Posts