Get It, Right

Get It, Right

By Shaire Blythe
August 3, 2017

I'm not extending myself for you
I've crossed rivers too many times
Might believe that I've took on the role of a fool
But I sleep just fine

Knowing my type of real when I feel it
Knowing exactly what I'm seeing
There's no blind to lead the blind

Never been the sort to run when you want me
I will come when I want to
Till you prove you're worth the time

Get it, right?

There's a game you want to ensue
Play it on your own
I've played the game, wanting to feel brand new
Ended up emptier inside

There's no winning
Too much effort to put into lies

One day you'll see it
Brush off your regrets
There's still pain in the end

You get it, right?

Ella said it's not my job to show these boys some education
And I know she's right

I must admit
I have my instances of believing in hopeless dreams
I'm finally getting it right
Time is limited, right?

Comments

Popular Posts