Ginger Glow

Ginger Glow

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, August 1, 2017

One thought and I can't keep still
I feel a rush like no other

Been that way since day one
The longest time I've kept you under cover

I had my love and you had yours
Even then, my friend, my heart was rapid near you

There's no such thing as too late
As the winter showed
We climbed some mountains

In the winter where it didn't snow,
We never grew cold
But there were chills, lip upon lip
Hold upon hold
I won't forget
Your ginger glow

I'm sure that you're irreplaceable
Yet I've been moving along

No words had to be spoken
The lovely atmosphere did all the talking

Vibes that only you can lend me
Reminiscing, only then do I know I'm incomplete

But I will cherish the moments
I knew we just might have a moment
Gave my all, baring parts of me most won't ever see
But if we meet again,

I'll remember the winter where it didn't snow
I'll remember how we never grew cold
But there were chills, my body telling me how I feel

I'll remember that we didn't let go
I'll remember we're both gentle souls
That's how we live, love still near
We just had to go home

And I'll still think about you
Hoping true love will find you
And maybe one day we'll meet again

Comments

Popular Posts