Simple

Simple

By Shaire Blythe
January 1, 2016

It's the little things that mean the most
Never knew I was asking for the world
I guess my love made you the ghost
At night I toss and turn

I say I made a mistake
But love takes two
At moments I found my faith
Then two steps back, running same course

But it could be so simple
As long as there's nothing to hide
It used to be so simple
All doubts casted aside
But with time there comes rain
You either run or you let it pour
We once said we'd let it pour
No matter what's to come
In the end there would come sun
Guess we lied

I knew what would be our ruins
I predicted each time
Every hope to push through it
You said you would help me every time

It seems you've gotten tired
Forgot the words you mentioned
Cause keeping my mouth shut was a crime
You could see right through me
But speaking out wasn't a win either
We took so many rounds
And I was still fighting through it
Told you that I was fighting through it
Neither one of us had to end up stupid

All I did was care
And you noticed, you know this
All my insecurities you knew
I wanted what we had to be honest
Just with you

In so many ways we did change
And maybe that's just the way that it goes
I still don't know answers to how to love

Comments

Popular Posts