To Nobody

To Nobody

By Shaire Blythe
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Been carrying this weight
Like a body bag weighing on me
Yeah, I might've changed
Had to put a bullet to the old me

 Unlike before
I address to my accord
Feelings do change
But what stays the same
Must not be ignored

 Keep reminiscing
That something's been missing
Closing the distance
Between what I know and think
Didn't ask no permission
Answering to nobody
Run and tell them that

 I think there's been a mistake
A traitor in the cavalry
Put in a case
Maybe lying isn't what it seems

 Very few have the cure
I'm hungry for more
Just to keep my beliefs

 But I've met them before
They couldn't stay
And I couldn't find the strength to beg not to leave

Crowded spaces
I've never felt them
I walked the other way

 Been trespassing
Since heart mended
But I might stick to my own

Comments

Popular Posts