Fairytale Story

Fairytale Story

By Shaire Blythe
January 15, 2016

Walls built up high, I found another self of me
One that lived more recklessly, but still held out hope

Gave any brave soul a try
But knew when the right one was still at bay
And never censored what I had to say

Till you came along
I never believed in fairytales
But you told me to let go, go with what I felt
It wasn't an easy road
But I did let go

Of all the disappointments
The hurt and pain
They were gradually washed away
I really thought I had found my place
But something changed

Blinded sided when effort was no longer there
Distant and cold, you must've looked the other way

I know I'm not perfect, didn't expect the same from you
I never asked for much, but I guess it was too much for you
And that's okay
Turning the page

Comments

Popular Posts